The Faculty of Tropical Medicine will provide Conference Awards to deserving applicants to allow them to attend or present their work at JITMM Virtual 2020 and to meet and learn from other international researchers through the online meeting platform. The Conference Awards has two categories:
- Presenters- for those who want to attend and present
- Attendees- for those who want to attend only
The application guideline for Presenters is shown below.
Who are eligible?
- Early-career researchers (graduate and post-graduate level up to 8 years post-PhD)
- Researchers from low and middle-income countries (LMICs), as defined by World Bank
- Students (currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program)
Application Process for Presenters
- Create an account
- Submit an abstract. Select ‘Conference Award’ as the type of presentation.
- Deadline for submission is 30 September 2020.
Submit the following required documents via email to [email protected]
- For early-career researchers- a copy of graduation certificate or a proof that you graduated with an M.Sc., Ph.D. or MD. within the last 8 years
- For researchers from LMICs- a letter of support from your organization or institution (signed and on organizational letterhead)
- For students- a letter from your institute to prove your student status
- Awardees will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submitted abstract
- Selection will be carried out by the JITMM Scientific Committee
- Waived registration for all two days of JITMM Virtual 2020
- Application Deadline – 30 September 2020
- Notice of Award – 15 October 2020
Responsibilities of Awardees
- Delivery of an oral or e-poster presentation based on the submitted abstract
- Attendance of the full 2 days of JITMM Virtual 2020
- Submission of a brief (1 page) conference-report highlighting your experience presenting at JITMM Virtual 2020. Submission deadline is 10 January 2021.
Contact [email protected] if you have any additional queries